KINGREAL has been actively changing policies and procedures over the years in order to reduce negative impact on the environment and minimize carbon footprint. One of the many ways we have “made the green choice” is by choosing Polyethylene (PE) over PolyVinyl Chloride (PVC) as the material used for our protective film coating. Polyethylene protective film is used to protect the surfaces of plastic sheets, metal sheets, home appliance sheets surfaces, etc. from scratch, moisture, dirt, contamination, and damage during processing, storage and installation. Although many companies still use PVC for their protective film-mainly because it is inexpensive, KINGREAL has recognized the disadvantages associated with using PVC and chooses to utilize Polyethylene as a “green choice” alternative.
PVC is not a good choice for many reasons: it’s not environmentally friendly, plus it contains many additives which can pose health risks to those who are involved in the production and disposal of PVC. In fact, PVC is considered to be the most problematic plastic due to all of the hazardous characteristics that are associated with it:
PVC is the least recyclable plastic
1.Less than 5% of PVC is recycled
2.PVC cannot be readily recycled due to its chlorine and additive content
3.PVC is considered a contaminant in other recycling streams
4.Post-consumer PVC is either land filled, where it leaches toxic additives, or incinerated, emitting dioxins and other toxic substances
PVC contains high levels of hazardous additives
1.Phthalates are added to PVC to make it soft and flexible-some are heavy metals of lead and cadmium
2.Phthalate plasticizers are not chemically bound to PVC and can therefore easily leach and evaporate into the atmosphere
3.PVC poses severe hazards to humans over the course of its life cycle and has been linked to cancer and kidney damage and may interfere with the reproductive system and its development
PVC contains high contents of chlorine
1.Corrosive to stainless steel, aluminum sheet, or other sheets surfaces especially when not removed and cleaned correctly
2.Further contaminates the environment
PVC is not degradable or biodegradable
KINGREAL has recognized the adverse effects of using PVC as a protective film throughout its entire life cycle, from its production to its disposal. PVC not only poses risks to the environment, but also has numerous hazardous health risks associated with it. For these reasons, KINGREAL has chosen to make the “green choice” by using Polyethylene (PE) protective film as a safer alternative to PVC.
1.PE has the desirable properties of PVC without all of the health and environmental concerns
2.PE recycling rates are high when compared to other plastics
3.If not recycled, PE be incinerated or safely land filled
4.Manufactured using non-chlorine chemistry
5.PE uses fewer problematic additives than PVC
Companies and consumers who want to make a difference in the environment and lower your carbon footprint can easily do so by simply choosing pe protective film products by KINGREAL.
KINGREAL is committed to being the premiere supplier of innovative development of pe protective film for our customers through the temporary protection of various sheet surfaces to protect its value.
Note: PVC has a low carbon footprint to produce (therefore inexpensive), however has a larger carbon footprint thru its life cycle.
Related Industry Knowledge
- How to increase the transparency of PE protecti...
- The purpose of protective film slitting
- Protection Film Slitting Process
- Degumming of PE Protective film and its solution
- The best way to use milky white film
- Where is the ground protection film suitable fo...
- Identification of various protective film types
- What is PE from the mucous membrane?
- The existing significance of PE protective film
- Classification method of different protective m...
- Basic characteristics of protection film for ac...
- How to tear protective film for aluminum?
- Structure and process ofSelf Adhesive Film for ...
- Performance requirements for carpet protective ...
- Performance and application characteristics of ...
- Aluminum Sheet Protection Film and selection re...
- Description of production process of PE protect...
- PE printing film characteristics and processing...
- Polyethylene knowledge point
- Main characteristics and application fields of ...