Many people pay attention to the material of the protective film when choosing the protective film. Among the material names that make you listen to the big head, the acrylic protective film is undoubtedly the most commonly heard, and the acrylic protective film is also everywhere. So, what is the acrylic protective film? What are the characteristics of acrylic protective film?
Acrylic, also known as PMMA or Acrylic, is derived from English acrylic (acrylic plastic). The chemical name is polymethyl methacrylate, which is an important plastic polymer material developed earlier. It has good transparency, chemical stability and weather resistance, easy dyeing, easy processing and beautiful appearance. The material industry's favor is also well-known in the field of protective film. The technical director of Guangdong Damei New Material Co., Ltd. said that because acrylic gel has crystal-like transparency, the light transmittance is above 92%, the light is soft and the vision is clear, and the acrylic colored with dye has a good color-developing effect. Light transmittance compared to glass, but the density is only half of the glass. In addition, it is not as brittle as glass, and even if it is broken, it does not form sharp fragments like glass, so acrylic glue is an ideal material for electronic protective film.
In terms of processing, the characteristics of acrylic glue are fully displayed. Acrylic has excellent weather resistance, high surface hardness and surface gloss, and good high temperature performance. It can be either thermoformed or machined. the way. Acrylic's wear resistance is close to aluminum, its stability is good, and it is resistant to a variety of chemicals, so it is also very beneficial to mix with other compounds during processing.
For the user, acrylic seems to be flammable but does not spontaneously ignite and has certain safety. However, the adhesiveness of acrylic glue is very high, and there is residual glue after tearing off, and there is no residual glue after the silicone is peeled off. Put the protective film on the surface of the object to be attached, and gently rub it with a finger to quickly bond the silica gel with no or less bubbles. The acrylic glue is slow and the bubbles are generated. In general, the temperature resistance and stability of acrylic oil are worse than those of silica gel, but the anti-static piece is still made of acrylic. Silicone will produce silicon transfer and damage the product. For electronic products, this anti-static is very necessary. Acrylic protective film is mainly used for packaging high-gloss products and as a membrane switch, which is a cheap and easy to use film.
Related Industry Knowledge
- How to increase the transparency of PE protecti...
- The purpose of protective film slitting
- Protection Film Slitting Process
- Degumming of PE Protective film and its solution
- The best way to use milky white film
- Where is the ground protection film suitable fo...
- Identification of various protective film types
- What is PE from the mucous membrane?
- The existing significance of PE protective film
- Classification method of different protective m...
- How to improve the technology of PE electrostat...
- Polyethylene Film (PE Film) PE Tape
- What is PE, and What is it Used For?
- What Are The Different Types of Polyethylene?
- What is adhesive tape?
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS IN THE USE OF KINGRE...
- Different Types of Adhesives
- Why is Polyethylene used so often?
- Self adhesive protective film elongation and pr...
- Surface Protection Film-Metal Surface