As one of the leading manufacturers of PE films, the topic of sustainability is also an important part of the business orientation for KINGREAL. Apart from a complete internal recycling system, KINGREAL is also involved in various sustainability programmes, like the initiatives "Null Granulatverlust" [zero granulate loss] and "ERDE" [earth] by IK Industrievereinigung Kunststoffverpackungen e. V. [Industrial association of plastic packaging] or for example the well-known project "The Ocean Cleanup" by Boyan Slat from the Netherlands.
Especially in the last few years, packaging made of plastic or film products have had a negative status in society, as the increasing pollution of the ocean with plastic waste is equated with the manufacturing of these products. 80% of the plastic waste in the oceans comes from Asia.
Ulf Kelterborn, Managing Director of IK Industrievereinigung Kunststoffverpackungen e. V. says: "Plastic packaging does not belong in the sea! However, we also need to be clear that plastic packaging is not waste per se, and does not get into the sea by itself. First and foremost, plastic packaging has an important function. It protects the packaged product against damage and decay, and therefore also against being thrown away. That is an important contribution to climate protection."
Related Industry Knowledge
- How to increase the transparency of PE protecti...
- The purpose of protective film slitting
- Protection Film Slitting Process
- Degumming of PE Protective film and its solution
- The best way to use milky white film
- Where is the ground protection film suitable fo...
- Identification of various protective film types
- What is PE from the mucous membrane?
- The existing significance of PE protective film
- Classification method of different protective m...
- Kingreal Profile Protective Films
- What Are The Conditions For A Good PE Protectio...
- PE Protective Film is Mostly Widely Used Surfac...
- Stainless Steel Sheet Protective Film
- PC, PET, PVC, PS, PMMA … Sheets Protective Film
- How to Pack Protective Film